You guys. It's MARCH. Somehow, that doesn't seem possible. Anyone else feel like 2015 is just flying by?!
I've been thinking about my goals for 2015 lately and I decided that in order to be successful, I need to hold myself accountable. What better way to do that than share my progress with you fine folks? :)
Goal 1: Paleo and Whole30: While I haven't switched my diet over one hundred percent, I am eating totally Paleo five - six days a week. One thing that I have found to be a challenge is coming up with a good way to snack in between meals. I've been sticking with almonds but sometimes it just gets plain boring. Anyone have any ideas or advice for me with that?
Anyway, I'm shooting for April for my first Whole30. I'm spending a lot of time looking over the Whole30 website and getting recipes. Also, I've recently discovered some awesome Paleo blogs; check out Juli at paleOMG and Michelle at NomNomPaleo. Hopefully, I'll be ready when April comes around! Wish me luck!
Goal 2: Sweatin' for the Wedding: YOU GUYS. I've been doing the Couch 2 5K workout via the app and I. Am. Obsessed. I've signed up for my first 5K of the year, the Bill Snyder Highway Half and 5K from Manhattan Running Company (you can sign up too! Only $30 until April!) and I am so excited. I haven't finished the C25K program yet but I'm over half way! I've lost about 5 lbs since January 1 and over 15lbs since last January (check out the picture below!) and I'm feeling pretty dang good.
Goal 3: Career Exploration: Okay, so I've moved to Wichita and I'm working for my mom. You guys, my mom is awesome. She's funny, full of energy, and so good at her job (interior design and decoration)! I wish I could say the same about myself; I struggling a bit more than I thought I would be. I knew that this was going to be hard and I knew that I would have to do a lot of "on the job" training but shit, man. Sometimes it's super overwhelming and I can get kind of down on myself. However, I have accomplished a few things that I'm pretty proud of:
1.) I've developed a set of Standard Operating Procedures.
2.) I've come up with a template for her new website.
3.) I've made some serious changes to her Facebook and Instagram.
None of these things are up and running yet, but I have a timeline for each one! Hoping to be fully up and running no later than June. Keep an eye out for updates!
---------------
Thanks for reading, friends. I'm working on developing a blogging schedule and coming up with different topics for discussion; hopefully I'll be posting a bit more consistently in the (very) near future! Anyone else working on being more consistent with their blogging? What are things that you do to help you accomplish that goal? Let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment