Sunday, February 8, 2015

Engagement! Excitement! Panic!

Whoa, what the hell. Where has time gone?! I swear, it feels like yesterday was January 1 and I was getting ready for a new job, a wedding, and moving. All of the sudden, it's the middle of February and I'm already sick of Uptown Funk, and totally over wedding planning. When did that happen?!

I'd like to fill you guys in on the last couple of months, specifically our engagement story and wedding planning, because it has been a crazy awesome time!

Engagement!
Bobby and I have been engaged for nearly two months now and I still find myself reliving that wonderful day (December 20, 2014) over and over. It was seriously the Best Day Ever!

According to Bobby, he had been planning for that day for nearly seven months. He had actually asked for my parents' blessing back in May 2014! That's totally like him; he's a planner. :)

We had our annual Gingerbread House Party at my mom's home in Wichita on December 19 and spent the night there. The next day, December 20, 2014, we ate breakfast with my dad. As we were getting ready to leave, Bobby told me that for Christmas he had made a hair appointment for
 me in Salina. It was so sweet (I had been trying for weeks to set one up and it just hadn't worked out)!

After my appointment he told me he another surprise; we were going to Manhattan for a Date Night! Manhattan is one of my favorite places in the world; it's where Bobby and I met and 
it's the home of my favorite school, Kansas State University (GO WILDCATS!). I love going and we always have an awesome time!

At this point, I was mildly suspicious. I called my old roommate, Amanda, and asked her if she thought he was going to propose. She just laughed and told me that if he were, there would be zero clues. He was being way too obvious (which is true)! I laughed with her and shrugged 
my suspicions off.

We got on the road around 2:00pm and had such a fun drive! As we pulled into Manhattan, he asked me what I wanted to do first; go to Radina's for coffee or walk through campus (another one our favorite things to do in MHK). We both said, at the same time, "RADINA'S!" It's the best place for coffee in Manhattan and it's one of our favorite date places. We picked up some coffee and walked to campus.

We spent about an hour or so walking around campus, talking about our college days, taking pictures, and laughing our asses off. It was as perfect as any day could be....



As we made our way the Student Union, Bobby brought up one of my favorite memories of him... When we first started spending time together outside of work (where we met), we had this chance for a total Movie Style first kiss. We were walking towards each other and when Bobby got to me, he picked me up, spun me around, and then did absolutely nothing! He set me down and took a step back; it was like he totally panicked about not playing it so cool. It still makes me laugh to think about it. :)

We laughed about that memory together and he suggested we re-enact that moment so he could 
do it right this time. So, we did. He picked me up, spun me around, and kissed me as he set me down...

Then he said he had one more surprise for me. He reached into his coat pocket, pulled out a ring, and got down on one knee. He told me that he loved me and then he asked me to be his wife. I basically jumped on him and kissed him. I said, "Absolutely!" and burst into tears (looking back on it now, my reaction was pretty hilarious). He put the ring on my finger and then we looked at each other and started cracking up. It seemed totally surreal! 



We spent the next hour just enjoying being engaged before going to supper at Old Chicago, where we met. We walked in and saw all of our families and friends waiting for us! I started crying again; I was so happy to see them! Bobby had organized the whole thing and people had
 come from Wichita and Salina just to celebrate with us. It was so special and truly one of the most wonderful days of my life. After nearly five years together, Bobby and I are getting married!!

Excitement!
I'm still basking in the joy of being engaged. It is so surreal and so incredible. I am loving it! I love introducing Bobby as my fiance and I love getting to look through bridal magazines, daydreaming about our wedding. Picturing our wedding day is one of my favorite past times and I get so excited thinking about it! However, it does (sometimes) lead to...

Panic!
Wedding planning is nuts. Like, totally ridiculous. And we're still a year and a half from our day! We have to make so many decisions about where we're going to get married (In a church? Outside? Should we elope?), when we're going to get married (Is a Saturday really better than a Friday? What about a fall wedding?), who we're going to invite (Why should we invite a distant cousin we've never even met, Mom?!)... 

To be totally honest with you, I'm loving every minute of it. I've got a dress picked out (it's beyond gorgeous), my ladies of honor are just as excited as I am, and I get to throw a badass party. It's going to be freaking awesome!

Anyone out there have any tips about wedding planning? What about just some general party thoughts? What do you like to see at parties? What make a wedding super fun? Help a girl out!

Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with my day-to-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello friends! I'm Hannah, your friendly neighborhood blogger! I love Bobby, KSU, and all things football. I'm currently on a mission to get healthy and plan my wedding. I hope you'll join me!